It’s Thursday and I’ve struggled to post all week, bar from my recent interview with Tell the Wolves.
Things are hectic at the moment – balancing college and my freelance graphics work (check out this survey!), I’ve also been trying to find myself a job, so my blog might be getting a little neglected. Alas, I’ll try my best to get things back up onto their feet within the next couple of days.
Something that kickstarted me to write a post this morning – apart from my late start at college – was the wonderful Sam (bellsiebooks) who volunteered me for The Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you Sam! ❤
How it works:
1 ) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you & create 7 new ones
3) Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.) Continue reading The Real Neat Blog Award
Sisterhood, literally, is the relationship between sisters, but it is often used to refer to the relationship between women.
The wonderful bellsiebooks (who has a wonderful taste in music, by the way) has been kind enough to nominate me for the Sisterhood of the World Award. You can read her post here.
How it works:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
2) Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
3) Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
4) Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
1) If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Probably to New Zealand – I’ve always wanted to visit.
2) What is your preferred genre to read?
I don’t really have a preferred genre.
3) What was the best book you’ve read so far this summer?
Go Set A Watchman, Harper Lee. But I’ve only read four books so far this summer.
4) Quick pick: sweet or salty?
5) Do you like listening to music when you’re working/writing/reading or do you need silence?
I tend to need silence, unless it’s classical music, because the lyrics interrupt with my brain. I’m not good at multitasking.
6) What’s your dream job?
In the broadest of terms, I want to be a freelance creative. You can read more about what this means here. Continue reading Sisterhood
I had considered starting this post with a spiel of how “some infinities are bigger than others” because, although I might think that John Green is overrated, I do appreciate a thought provoking quote now and then. Alas, I decided to start the post by discussing my prior intentions of beginning this post.
Getting straight to the point, the wonderful Janey of Cupid or Cats (Congratulations on reaching 1000 followers!) has nominated me for The Infinity Dreams Award. The rules are as followed:
- Thank (and follow) the blog that nominated you for the award.
- Tell us of 7 dreams of yours.
- Nominate bloggers.
- I want to travel the world. There are a few countries that are definitely on my bucket list and I hope to do a year of travelling after I’ve finished university.
- I want to publish a book. This has been an ambition of mine for as long as I can remember and it’s definitely not one I ever see myself giving up on.
- I want to be a successful freelance creative. I’m at the time in my life where the decisions I make in terms of my education will almost most definitely set me up for my career. I dabble in a lot of arts – traditional art, digital art, graphic design, photography, writing etc. – and so I definitely want to incorporate all aspects of these arts within my career. It might be a far fetched ambition, but it’s one I have the motivation to achieve.
- I want to complete random acts of kindness as often as possible. This is definitely an ongoing dream. I want to be able to complete random acts of kindness once a month, week, or maybe day, whatever they may be, for as long as possible.
- I want to learn a new language. I studied Spanish at GCSE and whilst I have a basic understanding of the language, I fear I won’t ever learn it fluently. I intend on changing this and becoming fluent in at least one other language – whether it be Spanish or not.
- I want to learn how to drive. If all goes to plan, I’ll be starting my driving lessons at some point next year.
- I want to grow old with the person I love.
Continue reading Infinity of Dreams
If you’re reading this post – which you are – then you’ll most probably have access to the Internet (I say most probably because you might have had this post printed out for you, in which case, you are very strange); if you have access to the Internet, you’ve probably heard all of the buzz about the Billboard Music Awards recently. I’m afraid to say that, no, I have not won myself a BMA – not this year, at least – but I have been honoured enough to have been nominated for a different type of award.
If you are active in the blogosphere, then you’ll know all about blogging awards. The person who has nominated me for such award has a stash of many awards from over the years, which tells you one thing for sure: you should read her blog.
Janey – who’s not actually called Janey – has one of the most entertaining blogs I have ever had the privilege of reading. Likewise, she is wonderfully kind and a great conversationalist. If you’re not already a frequent reader, you should definitely check out her blog. Thank you so much for nominating me, I really appreciate it!
Continue reading It’s a first